Thursday, September 4, 2008

Online Language Resources

I'd like to thank Larry for adding me as a contributor to this blog. I'll try to point blog participants toward some interesting technology tools that are relevant to writing, speaking, and thinking about language in general and English in particular. To get us started:

Best Online Language Tools for Word Nerds
A nice collection of tools to explore etymologies and word relationships. I'm especially fond of Visuwords--a very compelling way to visualize word meanings and relationships.

The Phronistery
The place to be if your interest is obscure, outdated, or unusual words.

Top Sites for Logophiles
Good collection of resources, including a few games that can be used for classroom activities.

50 Tools That Can Improve Your Writing Skills
Just what it says; a wonderful collection of links to tips for better writing.

2 comments:

larry meath said...

Wow--great start! I'm checking these out immediately.

Mollia Brown said...

Thanks, I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing.